Sunday 17 December 2023

What Kind of Bird Is That?



    I haven’t done my usual stint painting this morning, because this is the day we do our Annual Christmas Bird Count in the Robson Valley.  I have been outside, standing there, keeping an eye on both my Sunflower seed bird feeder and my peanut butter bird feeder, waiting for some exotic and rare bird to come by.  Half of the time I have spent chasing this squirrel away from the peanut butter feeder, because no birds will come by while it is sitting there.

    So far I have five bird species down, all of the usual ones I see in the winter.  So far I have seen:  20 Chickadees, 1 Raven, 2 Downy Woodpeckers, 2 Hairy Woodpeckers, and one Red Breasted Nuthatch.  I will continue watching, off and on throughout the day, hoping for some unusual bird to show up.  

    Below is a photo I took this morning of one of the small Downy Woodpeckers.



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment