Monday 11 December 2023

It's Trying To Be Winter


    Well at least we have a bit of snow on the ground (2 inches), but it does seem that Mother Nature’s attempt at winter this year, has been pretty feeble.  Today is one of the “colder” days we’ve gotten; it is -5°C (23°F) which is normal for this time of year, but tonight it is supposed to be -7°C (19°F)  and but our normally it should be -13°C (8°F). 

    While our temperatures have been above normal, and I don’t mind that, it is the lack of precipitation that I have been concerned about.  Our forecasts keep predicting snow heading our way, but it seems that all we have been getting instead, is wind.  While I a probably in the minority around here, I say, “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.”   The Robson Valley has been suffering under a Class 5 drought, and we need to return to normal, even if it means shoveling the white stuff.


View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment