Tuesday 25 April 2023

Just Look At Those Flashy Orange Feet


    This morning just after 7:00, I was walking Kona around the pond.  As we got to the dam I noticed a male Mallard sleeping in the water with his head tucked down on his back.  We were just 10 ft. (3 m.) away, but it didn’t even realized we were there and just slept on.  I thought, “What a great photo that would make,” but alas, I didn’t have my camera with me, another great photo missed.  

    The Mallard finally realized we were standing right there looking at him, and without panic, it just slowly paddled further away from shore.  As we walked on, I heard some splashing, at turned to see it fly off.

    About a half hour later, on our second walk, I did take my camera along, and was surprised to see the Mallard resting in the same place.  This time I got some photos.  Its eyes were open, but it was snoozing.  It woke up, aware of us, but didn’t move, it just started scratching itself with its feet.  I was surprised to see how bright orange its feet were and got the photo below.



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment