Monday 8 February 2021

Trying To Keep Warm


    I don’t think that Kona likes this cold weather any more than we do.  It was -27C (-16F) again this morning and when I took her outside for her walk, it didn’t take long for her to start holding a leg up and then sitting down because her legs were cold.  She had expended what warmth she had sniffing for animals, and was then too cold to do what we took her out there to do.  I ended up having to carry her back to the house. 

    In the afternoon yesterday it did warm up to -16C (+3F) and so we took her to Horseshoe Lake Road for a longer walk.  We wrapped a long scarf around her torso, then put her blue coat over it.  She made the walk without any obvious problems.  I sure hope our afternoons continue to be a bit more tolerable, because Kona has an abundance of energy and really needs some outdoor time.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

1 comment:

  1. I can see it....leg warmers and booties are next, wait they say covering the head keeps you warmer than anything. I want the cartoon!

    ReplyDelete