Tuesday 2 February 2021

So Of Course, Now We Get a Big Dump of Snow


    Yesterday I showed you photos of all of the snow covered trees.  There was about 4 inches (10 cm) that had fallen.  I spent a chunk of my morning yesterday snowblowing the driveway.  When I had completed the task and was driving the snowblower back to the carport, suddenly something broke and its wheels stopped moving.   This was really bad news indeed.

    Luckily, I did find a local shop that said they would take a look at it, which greatly relieved me.  I had to remove the canopy off of my pickup in order to get the machine to the repair shop, but I managed to do that and delivered it.  It will be a week before they have a chance to look at it.

    So of course now that I am without a snowblower, overnight we got a big dump of snow somewhere between 9-14 inches (23-34 cm), so I am left with clearing the driveway manually.  That’s a lot of snow to move by hand, our driveway is 245 ft (73 m) long, plus I have to clear out a turnaround spot at the bottom and a wide space up by the road.

    I am half way done at present and hope to finish the job this afternoon.  I sure hope we won’t be getting more snow for a while, at least until I get my snowblower back.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment