Friday 19 February 2021

Snow Measurement


    Every winter I measure the snow depth in our field.  It is in no way scientific, since I can’t always find the same spot to measure and I don’t do it on the same date.

    I was surprised this year by how little snow was out there.  Normally I find that there is around 24 inches (60 cm) on the ground, and this year I figured there was probably about 18 inches (45 cm) but when I measured I was surprised to find that we had only 15 inches (38 cm). 

    Except for our week of brutal cold, we have experienced a relatively mild winter, and earlier on instead of snow, we got a lot of rain.  Of course our snow season is not over, so we could end up getting some big dumps of the white stuff in March.


View my paintings at:   davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment