Saturday 13 February 2021

Icicles


    Look at this line of icicles that are hanging from the eaves on the east side of our house.  These sparkling stalactites of crystalline water, change their appearance in both color and radiance with the movement of the Sun across the sky.  

    As a kid, it was always exciting to come upon icicles.  I remember that good icicles could be found on the back side of my grandfather’s greenhouse.  We would break them off and then suck on them.  The taste obviously did not pack the same punch as a Popsicle in the summer, but in my kid mind, it was an unexpected winter treat.

     I am now too jaded to break off one of these icicles and suck on it, but I do enjoy seeing them sparkling like linear chandelier glass crystals in the sunshine.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment