Friday 19 January 2018

Shooting Into the Sun


    Here is a photo I took yesterday as we were walking Skye on Jervis Road.  The photo looks quite moody and dark.  The day really wasn’t as ominous as the photo makes it appear.  The reason why it looks the way it does was because I was shooting into the Sun.
    When faced with such a bright light in its face, the camera does what your eyes do in that situation, it closes down the iris to restrict the amount of light getting in.  The result is that everything except the bright light becomes darker.   This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, I happen to really like the way this photo turned out.
    When I took this shot I was really interested in the icy sheen of the snow and the light reflecting on it.  The Sun in the sky provided a nice balance to the picture.

You can take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment