Monday 22 January 2018

Putting On the Name


    Yesterday Joan was working on her quilt and mentioned she was already dreading having to embroider her name on it.  I feel the same dread whenever I am getting to the end of on one of my paintings.  It’s the worse part of painting the picture.  It's not that I am ashamed of the painting, I am really proud my paintings, it’s just that I always do such a hatchet job on my name.  I am never satisfied with how it turns out.
    Several times I had to paint over my attempts of painting my name.  It's either too messy, too big, the wrong color, or in the wrong spot.  I don’t seem to be very consistent on how I write it.  I do try to make it subtle and although you can read it in the examples above, when you look at the painting as a whole, you really have to focus in to the spot to see it.  Squint your eyes to see how well they blend in to the background.

You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment