Thursday 18 January 2018

Paint Box


    One of the reasons I paint is because I love color.  If you want color, you’ve got to have paints.  I basically taught myself to paint without a lot of background about the best way to do things, and so don’t have much technical knowledge of paint.  One artist friend of mine who had a lot of instruction in art always buys one particular brand of paint.  When I am browsing around in the paint section of art supplies, I don’t look at brands, I just look at the different colors and hues available and pick out colors I don’t have regardless of the brand.
    The photo shows my paint box.  Even with all those colors, I rarely use them straight from the tube, I always end up mixing them with others to get the subtle shades I am looking for.

You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment