Tuesday 17 February 2015

One Hundred Years in the Future


    The Robson Valley Museum Society recently held an exhibition of local newspapers from the last 100 years.  Then they held a contest where participants were supposed to create a front page from a Robson Valley newspaper 100 years in the future.  Above you can see my entry.  I guess it is probably pretty clear I don’t have much faith in the future.
    Assuming that by the year 2115 there would probably be a complete collapse of society, due to some disaster, be it natural, ecological, or the destructive inclination of humankind, I tried to think of what form of public information might be left to the survivors.  I finally decided on a piece of paper tacked onto the trunk of a tree.  To do the message I found the oldest piece of paper I could, and wrote the message on it using a piece of charcoal from the wood stove.


See my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment