Wednesday 4 February 2015

Hoof Nippers on the Bed


    Every day Pete from Dunster sends out a community newsletter which tells readers, WHO is looking for WHAT.  “I need a ride to Prince George,” “We have an old washing machine that still works, does anyone want it?”  “Could someone pick up a parcel from Hinton for me?” etc.  The other day I read that Keith, who makes internationally known French horns, was looking for an old pair of horse hoof nippers.  He said he needs them to use as a tool in his manufacturing.  
    It set me wondering, “Don’t we have an old pair of hoof nippers in the barn?”
    Next morning when I went out to the barn to get sunflower seeds for the bird feeder, I looked around and found them.  I sent off an email to Keith telling I had a pair that he could have.  Since he lives in Dunster, he asked if I could drop them off at the McBride Library, where his wife could pick them up.  I replied that I would be at the library Tuesday night for our jam session and I would take the nippers to drop them off.  As sort of a joke I wrote “If I don’t forget them.”
    To make sure I didn’t forget them I put the nippers on top of  the canvas shoulder bag I always take to the jam.  There the nippers sat for a couple of days.  Then last night as I was preparing to go to the jam, I carried my iPad (I use it to tune my mandolin and to find lyrics and chords) to the bag and there right on top of the bag sat the nippers.  I picked them up and put them on the bed so I could put my iPad into the bag.  This done I zipped the bag up, grabbed my instruments, and headed out the door.
    When I got to the library, I opened my bag to get the nippers and take them to the librarian.  Of course, the nippers weren’t there because they were still sitting on the bed where I put them.

Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment