Monday 9 June 2014

Nadia and George Get a Computer


    When I got my new computer, I decided to find a new home for my old one, which still worked.  Our friends Nadia and George didn’t have a computer, and I figured Nadia, who I have been helping with her book, could probably make good use of it.
    I have been working with computers so long, that most of what I do, is automatic and done without much thought, so it is always surprising to see someone, without that experience,  suddenly overwhelmed by things as elemental as using a mouse, or closing a program.  It all takes time and experimentation to learn and to feel comfortable when confronted with such a huge volume of totally new material.
    They are scheduled to be hooked up to the internet next week and that will really open up their world.

See my paintings at: www.davidmarchant.ca

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this comment was supposed to go to the blog about Pioneer Days and the photo of the wheel chair pulling the big truck.

    ReplyDelete