Wednesday 25 June 2014

Long Days


    Last Saturday was the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year.  It is so nice to have the light, usually after 9:00 PM (21:00), when I return from some activity away from home.  Tuesday night was our jam session, and when I was driving home, there was a nice light show going on in the sky as the sun made its way toward the horizon at the far end of the Robson Valley.  I pulled the truck (still smelling of dead mouse) over to the side of the road and took the above photo of the sunset over the Fraser River.
    When I got home and was unloading all my musical instruments from the truck, the sunset was still going on and taking on a more rosy hue.  The picture below is the setting sun illuminating the clouds over the Cariboo Mountains.  It was taken at 9:30.


See my photo-realistic paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment