Friday 30 July 2021

Remnants of the Flooding


    The other day while Kona and I were stuck at Horseshoe Lake waiting for my wife to come with the fob to start the car, I took advantage of the time by looking for photo-worthy subjects.  I noticed on the railing along the walkway to the gazebo that there as a lot of debris hanging from the chainlink fencing.  I guess all of that plant matter was floating on the flood waters and got hung up on the fencing when the water level got back to normal.

    I still find it surprising, just how high the water rose.  In our local paper there was a photo of a kayak paddling up this walkway to the gazebo.  


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that was very high.
    Did you test how close she had to get before the car would start?

    ReplyDelete