Monday 19 April 2021

Unexpected Windfall

    Yesterday was the first time this year that we hung our laundry out on the clothesline to dry.  I was standing on the deck hanging the wash, when I happened to glance down at the lawn and noticed what looked to be an old receipt amongst the leaves.  As I looked more intensely, I saw that it had a curious blue tint, so walked down the steps to investigate.  I was surprised to discovered it was a ten dollar bill.

    I have no idea how it got there or how long it has been sitting there.  It may have even fallen out of the laundry I was hanging, I don’t know.  The important thing is that I feel ten dollars richer, even though initially it might have come from one of my pockets, but I am looking at it as a gift from the Cosmos.

                                                        See my paintings at davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment