Sunday 13 September 2020

Creeping Over the Garden Gate




    A decade or more ago, I got tired of the deer eating the vegetables in the garden, so I built a fence around it.  I needed to have a gate so we could get in, so I built the one you can see.  It looked pretty naked when it was done, so I planted some Virginia Creepers at the base of it, dreaming of the day when they would climb up and over the gate. 

    For years nothing much happened with the Creepers.  They grew very slowly, but look at them now.  They have finally established themselves.  Now to get into the gate I have to brush the hanging vines away to get into the garden.  I love the brilliant red display their leaves produce in the fall.  Below is a shot I took a week ago, when the leaves where just beginning to turn.



Take a look at my photo-realistic paintings at davidmarchant2.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment