Monday 28 September 2020

Abandoned Homestead


    I’m not sure why I am so attracted to the images of abandoned or deteriorating things, be they vehicles or old farms, but my library of photos confirms that I am.  Presently I am painting the rusting tailgate of the old GMC pickup I used to own.

    I think part of  the appeal for me are the changes brought on by time and age and how nothing lasts forever.  The dreams in life are fleeting, and as Neil Young said in a song,  “Rust Never Sleeps”.

    This old homestead east of McBride has been a constant subject of my camera.  I have often visually recorded its slow decline.  It was nice to catch it with the turning autumn leaves in the background. 


You can view the painting I am working on by clicking "Current Work" at davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment