Tuesday 7 April 2020

A Tiny Patch of Snow-Free Lawn


    I’m sure everyone is getting tired of me complaining about how slowly Spring is coming to the Robson Valley this year, but just look at my lawn(?).  The only grass that can be seen is the little strip along our driveway, beside our sidewalk, and under the willow tree.  The rest of the yard still has a foot (30cm) of snow covering it.  
    I remembered one April when I planted my peas during the first week of April.  As you can see in the photo below, this year I can’t even see the soil yet.  
    Once in a conversation with a friend who had taken a trip to Turkey, she mentioned that every day the weather there was exactly the same; hot and sunny.  In such a place, I would have nothing to complain about, let alone blog about.  Fortunately I live in a place where I can always start an animated  conversation by complaining about the weather.


You can view my photo-realistic paintings at:   davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment