Sunday 22 March 2020

Robins: The Second Sign of Spring


    Yesterday I blogged about seeing and hearing some Canada Geese, which were the first sign I had of Spring.  The photo was a complete failure.   Today I am showing you the second sign of Spring that I have seen:  A robin.  
    I thought when I took this photo it would also be a disaster because I was trying to prevent Lexi from pulling on the leash while I was holding the camera, and I was using the zoom lens which requires a steady hand, and my hand was shaking all over the place, but amazingly the photo turned out spectacularly well.  There was a group of about 20 Robins perching in the aspen trees along Jervis Road last evening as we walked the dog.  
    I am not sure what they are eating, because most of the ground is still snow covered, and what isn’t is frozen.

Check out my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment