Thursday 4 July 2019

A Time for Vetch


    One of the pleasures of the spring and summer seasons for me, is watching the progression of flowering plants.  Each has their specific time of blooming.  Many of the early spring bloomers have now disappeared, as the current ones begin to take their place in the sun.
    Yesterday we were taking our afternoon walk in the rain when I noticed that the American Vetch was blooming along the edge of the roadway.  Vetch grows like a vine, often forming bush-like clumps.  My plant book says it might be mildly toxic.
    I was attracted by its rich purple/violet color against the green of grasses.  The drops of water on the leaves added to the image.  I ended up taking a slew of photos; here are two of them.


See my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment: