Thursday 18 July 2019

In The Weeds


    “In the weeds” seems to be a trendy phrase I hear and read more and more recently, however yesterday iI was able to use it literally.  In the photo above, you might wonder why my wife is standing looking at the weeds.  Upon closer observation you might see that the dog leash is running into the weeds.
    Lexi, our small dog was walking with us and suddenly veered off to the left, disappearing into the tall weeds growing along the side of the road.  I guess whatever smell caught her nose was more important than being able to see where she was going, because she plowed her way into the thick undergrowth and was completely engulfed in the weeds.  I don’t know what she smelled, but fortunately after the scent lost it’s charm, she did come back out.


View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment: