Monday 20 May 2019

Greens and Blues



    Way back in the 70’s. James Taylor came out with his Sweet Baby James Album.  In listening to his song, Sweet Baby James, I was immediately struck by the lyric, “Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose” because those nature colors were my colors also.  Every Spring I can’t help but think of those lyrics as I watch those first leaves of the trees start to show themselves, set out in front of the blue mountains.  
    It is the young leaves of the Aspen trees that I most enjoy (I seem to have a thing about yellow-green as many of my paintings confirm.)  I don’t really know if yellow-green really qualifies as “deep” green, but that is the color “I choose.”
    Here are some photos I took of the greens and blues at Horseshoe Lake yesterday.



Take a look at the Yellow-Greens in my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment