Wednesday 22 May 2019

Forget-Me-Nots: A Raggedy Lawn


    Slowly over 35 years, more and more Forget-Me-Nots (the tiny blue flower you see in the photos) have been taking over our lawn.  They have spread because I like seeing them, and instead of mowing them down whenever I mow the lawn, I mow around them.  I will do this until they form seeds, then after that, I will mow them down.  
    This of course makes my lawn look pretty ratty, but I would rather have the blue patches of forget-me-nots than a uniformed manicured lawn.  The only problem with doing this is that often a few dandelions or other unwanted weeds grow among the Forget-Me-Nots and I am usually too lazy to pull them out so they keep growing also.  
    Anyway, I like having the patches of the Forgot-Me-Nots in my lawn, they remind me of a wild natural meadow, and plan to do what I can to encourage them.


View my photo-realistic paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Does look like a pasture of wild flowers. Good job on mowing around them and encouraging. My kind of thinking!!

    ReplyDelete