Wednesday 27 March 2019

Long Awaited Green


    For months I have been eager for Winter to disappear, wanting to see some green that indicated that Spring had finally started to show itself.  As usual the first appearance of green plants has been in the strip along the side of the house that catches the most sunlight.  A little more than a week ago, snow was still covering this area, now it is gone and some green have suddenly appeared.  
    The photo above shows tiny leaves of my hollyhock plant.  Hollyhocks have really surprised me.  I had always associated them with hot weather, but they are really tough plants and don’t seem to mind the cold at all.  I think these leaves were there last fall before the snow covered them.  They seem to have been unfazed by our cold winter and are still vibrant ready for another season.
    Below is a sprouting Grape Hyacinth that has pushed itself out of the ground.  That is no surprise, they are always among the first flowers that come up.


You can see my Pre-2019 paintings and blogs at:  davidmarchant.ca
My current painting and blogs are at davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. It is something else that they always come up the same and look the same .

    ReplyDelete