Tuesday 11 December 2018

Art Nouveau Book Case


    Back in the early 1970’s, I spent two years as a conscientious objector working in a Goodwill Store in Indianapolis.  One of the really interesting things about working there was seeing the diverse types of items that had been donated.  Some were total junk and were sent to the dump, but ever so often something really beautiful came in.  Even though the job only paid me minimum wage, when I saw this oak bookcase (I don’t know what else to call it) with it’s inlaid parrots, I decided to buy it, even though it meant skimping on other necessities.
    It has long been one of my favorite pieces of furniture, and I wish I knew more about it.  If the Antique Roadshow ever got anywhere close, I would love to take it in to see if they could give me some information about it.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

1 comment: