Monday 5 February 2018

Snowfest


    Yesterday McBride’s Community Youth Council organized something they called “Snowfest” to get the kids playing outside.  They had originally planned activities like pond hockey, skiing, and snowshoeing on Horseshoe Lake, with wagon rides to get them there.  I had noticed that part of the lake had been cleared of snow for the skating, but something must have changed the plans because Snowfest was moved to the park in town.
   On the way to our walk we drove by the park and were surprised at how many vehicles were in the parking lot, a lot of people were participating.  I noticed this group of kids playing King of the Mountain on the giant pile of snow. 
    It always makes me feel good to see young people doing things outside.  The out-of-doors was such a big and valuable part of my youth and I fear it is something that has largely disappeared in today’s society.   It was good to see kids out there again, even if some adult had to organize it.

You cam view my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment