Wednesday 26 April 2017

Fish!


    I have been so bummed out lately about the fact that it seemed that I had a fish die-off in my pond over the winter.  Generally I see the small fish swimming around after the ice melts, but this year I saw none.  Every day I looked, without seeing even one.  I kept saying to myself, surely a few must have survived, surely not every single fish is gone, but I didn’t see any evidence that that was the case.
    It made me feel bad every time we took a walk around the pond, but yesterday I saw finally some fish darting around.  What a relief I felt.
    I don’t know why they weren’t around earlier.  Maybe they were just happy hiding in the aquatic plants away for shore, but it is really good to see they are still there.

You can take a look at my paintings: www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment