Monday 24 April 2017

Canada Geese


    Very early on a couple of mornings when I was still in bed, I heard the honking of some Canada Geese.  In my half-asleep state, my brain did managed to wondered if they were on my pond, but I was too tired to get out of bed to check.  I have had Canada Geese in previous years, but not in the last couple of years. 
    When we did do our regular after breakfast morning walk around the pond, there were no Canada Geese present, and all I could see was the resident male mallard (the female is off somewhere nesting).  Then yesterday when Skye and I went out to do our walk, the honking began and increased in intensity as we approached the pond; there was a pair of geese out on the water making their presence known.
    We both stopped, watched the geese, and I took a photo, but we then turned and walked back to the house, not wanting to scare them away.  Later in the morning, they had flown off, and we did get our pond walk done.  Today there was no sign of them.
    Canada Geese are very common, but at the low level of excitement I operate at, seeing any wildlife is a treat.
     
You can view my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment