Sunday 5 June 2016

McBride's Pioneer Days Parade


    This weekend is called “Pioneer Days” in McBride.  It may be a small village, but it had a big parade.  There were sirens wailing, big engines roaring, and music blaring from the loud speaker truck.  People on floats threw candy to the sightseers, and I filled my pockets.  I was even given a six pack of cabbage bedding plants from a parader representing the community garden.
    I am always pretty amazed at all of the unusual vehicles that are suddenly brought out into public view during the Pioneer Days parade.  Where are all these things hidden during the rest of the year?
    This year’s parade seemed longer and more diverse than others.  Here are some of the parade participants that caught my eye.





You can see my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment