Friday 26 December 2014

Squirrel Tunnel


    After our willow trees got trimmed, I was left with a big pile of firewood.  I soon noticed that there was a squirrel going in and out, in between the crevasses in the chunks of wood.  I figured it was establishing a nest, deep within the pile.  
    Shortly after we got our huge dump of snow, and I had shoveled my driveway, I noticed that the squirrel had burrowed a tunnel from the woodpile to the edge of the driveway.  This was a bit of a surprise because I didn’t really think of squirrels as being tunnelers, but I supposed it provided safe passage, as it traveled from one place to another.  I enjoy watching it streak through its obstacle course: exploding out of the mouth of the tunnel, scampering across the driveway, and then scrambling up onto a tree where it leaped from one branch of one tree to another.  

Check out my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment