Wednesday 22 October 2014

Unsettled Day


    Woke up to pouring rain, then as we settled down to eat our breakfast, the television informed us that a gunman had shot a soldier at the National War Memorial in Ottawa.  The weather made us cancel our walk on the trail, and we substituted the shorter walk around our pond.  A lone merganser flew off as we approached.
    After the walk, I proceeded with my normal schedule, by painting, but the normal CBC show I listen to as I paint, had thrown off their normal schedule to cover the continuing assault that was happening in Ottawa.  
    The dreary weather, coupled with the guns and violence that is happening in the capital of Canada, does not do much to invigorate my mood.  I hope both will soon pass into history.


You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment