Saturday 25 October 2014

Moss Mini-Gardens



    Yesterday, Skye and I took a walk down the landing strip at the McBride airfield.  It was a bit cool, but the sun periodically came out from behind the clouds to illuminate the fields and mountains and warm things up.  I took some landscape shots, but what really attracted my attention was the strip of mosses that line the edge of the tarmac.
    I have always loved mosses, and it is in the spring and fall seasons, before the explosion of growth of taller and more dominate plants, and after they die off, that moss is noticeable.   I don’t think many people take the time or effort to look closely at it, but I find these mini-landscapes quite beautiful.  Here are some of the shots I took of the little clumps of moss yesterday.



Take a look at my photo-realistic paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment