Saturday 18 October 2014

I'm Sorry, Geraniums


    Gardening can sometimes seem so cruel.   The geraniums that we have in our window boxes, were late to start blooming, and it is only been lately that they finally started showing their colors  profusely.  Unfortunately, with winter on the horizon, their vigor had to be cut short, because they can’t survive outside in the Canadian winter, instead they will have to spend the season inside of the house.
    So I got out the pruners and cut off all of the flowers and leaves, so that I could transplant the geraniums into pots, where they will slowly recover and spend the winter in the warmth, looking out at the snow from the windowsill of my bedroom.  Next spring, once the cold has gone, I will put them back in the window boxes. 




You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment