Thursday 17 April 2014

Mouse Runs


    Here is something that fascinates me every spring when the snow melts--mice tunnels.  During the winter, the mice live a fairly secretive life under the snow.  I can imagine them living in the tunnels, in the eerie low light that penetrates through the snow, trapped in the world between the snow and the ground.
    I guess it would be insulated from the cold, and fairly well protected from predators, although I have seen owls pounce upon the snow and come up with a mouse that was moving beneath the snow, and have seen holes in the snow where the coyotes had dug down for a meal of a surprised mouse.
    These mice tunnels always remind me that there is an awful lot going on in nature that I am not aware of.

See my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment