Wednesday 5 February 2014

Frost




    For a week now, we have been suffering under a very stable block of frigid arctic air.  We have been waking up to morning temperatures that have been between -26 to -29 C (-15 to -20 F) which have kept us fairly housebound.  We do try to be stoic and force ourselves to walk the trail during the heat of the afternoon (-15C, 7F) and while I am continually scanning the surroundings for something to take photos of, I have found interesting subjects to be very sparse.
    I did notice these frost crystals which surrounded the walls of the deep footprints that the deer and moose had punched into the deep snow.   Once I stopped and took a closer look at them, I discovered that they are pretty amazing in their fragile beauty.    

You can view my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment