Monday 30 December 2013

Back to Snow



    A couple of days ago I was complaining about the rain turning my driveway to ice.  Today I would like to take this opportunity to complain about snow.  This is the second day in a row I have had to shovel my driveway.  Yesterday I shoveled 5 inches (12.7 cm) of fresh snow snow from the driveway  and today it was about 4 inches (10 cm).    
    I hope you don’t get the wrong impression, complaining about the weather is one of my favorite pastimes, but deep down inside, I realize we have it pretty good.  While I am sure some of you might shudder at the thought of winter in Canada, the weather here in the Robson Valley is quite tolerable.
    When you look at the other weather stories on the news, some snow doesn’t seem like too much of a hardship.  After an ice storm in Eastern Canada just before Christmas, some people still are living without electricity after all this time, and they have had to deal with cold temperatures at the same time.  Several people have died of carbon monoxide while trying to keep warm in their house using barbecues inside to generate heat.

    Then there were floods in England, and a heat wave in Argentina, where 70 people were hurt while trying to cool off in a river and were attacked by a school of piranha.  My sister in Indiana told me the got 6 inches (15 cm) of rain the other day.  Yep, I am happy to be just having to face fresh snow. 

Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment