Thursday 4 July 2013

Purple Haze



    I'm pretty sure that when Jimi Hendrix wrote his popular song, that he didn't have vetch in mind, and I probably should apologize for sucking you in with that title, but when I looked out over Milne’s hayfield yesterday, a purple haze seemed to be covering its surface.  It was vetch.               
Vetch is a vine that is a member of the pea family and around here it has purplish flowers.
    This year has been a good one for flowering plants in the Robson Valley.  They all seem to be doing double duty, putting out an extra amount of blooms.  I am someone who is always happy to see unexpected color in nature, and the vetch made the hayfield a lot more interesting to look at than the normal sea of green.

See my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment