Saturday 20 July 2013

CAPTURED: Marten #3


    It’s deja vu all over again.  Yesterday, when I went out to check the live trap I had put in the dog house, I discovered I had caught my third marten.  I have been catching one every week for 3 weeks now.  After I catch them, I drive them way out the road and let them loose in the woods.  I am having to drive farther and farther away with each successive capture.  I drove this one out 12 km (7.5 miles) down the road.  
    This one looked healthier than the last one and it wasn’t so snarly.  I can’t imagine that there are anymore around here, but I will set the trap out again, just in case I am wrong.  It is sure strange that I had never seen a marten around here before this year and suddenly, there seems to be an explosion of them.

Take a look at my paintings:   www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment