Monday 15 July 2013

Crossing the Fraser


    I have mentioned before that it seems that if we see one animal on our walk, quite often we will then see a second.  Today was one of those days.  This morning when we first started out on the trail, ten or so young grouse flew up and scattered.  As we walked into the field down by the Fraser River, I caught a glimpse of something in the water. Our second animal turned out to be a young moose.
    When I first saw it it was in the deep channel, up to its neck swimming hard against the current.  By the time I took this photo, it was climbing out of the deep channel, and could walk instead of swim.
    Lately, I have been seeing the odd moose hoof print along our trail, and I guess having spent some time on this side of the river, things began to look greener on the other side.

View my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment