Sunday 13 August 2023

Towers of Flowers


    It’s always nice to have some vertical features in the garden, and this year I have two.  As always, I always put up a “teepee” of Scarlet Runner beans (photo above) and this year it grew higher than ever before.  I bet it is 10 feet (3 m.) tall.   As you can see, when it reached the end of the teepee pole support, it just kept growing and the top is now bending over.  I had a closeup of the Scarlet Runner’s brilliant flowers on last Tuesday’s blog.

    The other vertical flowering plant is a Tobacco plant that I had mentioned in a previous blog.  It has grown to the height of 7 ft (2.1 m.) high with its “crown” of dark pink flowers on the top.  This is the first time I have had anything to do with a Tobacco plant and was quite surprised at how tall it grew and its cluster of flowers.






You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wonder just how tall they would grow. Jack and the Beanstalk.

    ReplyDelete