Thursday 17 August 2023

Tiny Umbrella


     On yesterday’s blog there was a photo of my collapsed fence that I was taking down.  On the side of the bottom photo you can see a section of an old shed.  As I was working close to the shed, I noticed that its metal roof is now covered with moss and through the moss were growing these tiny umbrella-shaped mushrooms.  They were so tiny and fragile looking, that it seemed improbable that something like that could survive for millions of years in this rough and tumble world.

    I looked through a reference book to try to identify them, and found a couple of possibilities, but I think I will just be satisfied and happy in seeing them and leave their identification to the experts.


You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment