Tuesday 1 October 2019

Quiz: What Geraniums are Misplaced?


    Here is a photo of the geraniums in our window boxes that I took last week.  I don’t know what happened, but for some reason we ended up with a pink geranium plant amongst all of our red ones.  
    Because the geraniums are high off of the ground, and next to the windows, they survived our killing frost of -8C (17F) the other night, although they got dinged a bit.  I will have to dig them out, pot them, and keep them in the house on the window sill over the winter.  After the frost, there are so many things we have to do before winter hits.  I need to clean out the garden and dig the potatoes.

Look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it works but folks around here dig up the geraniums ,shake off the dirt and put them in a paper sack , tied up with a string to hang in their basements for the winter . Replant them in the spring.

    ReplyDelete