Thursday 3 October 2019

Hemp Farm


    If you look closely at the photo, you can see the very bright yellowish lights glowing through the walls of the plastic greenhouse.  This photo was taken in the afternoon, so you can imagine what they look like during the night.  Then you can see the lights from across the valley.  According to the McBride grapevine this is a hemp operation used to make CDB oil, the non-psychoactive compound in marijuana that is a hot commodity used in a lot of self medications.
    What I really find interesting about this operation is all of the heat and light used.  I can’t imagine that any money at all could be made considering the cost of all the energy they must be utilizing.  
    Last year the field you see in the foreground was full of hemp plants sticking up through black plastic film to keep the weeds down.  That to seemed doomed from the start because they planted too late in the season, and they plants were still small when fall came around.  Everyone local knew that cold weather was going to kill them all, which it did.
    I admit that all of what I know about this operation is 2nd or 3rd hand information, so I don’t guarantee anything I have said.  Still it is all very interesting.

See my photo-realistic paintings at:   davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. I heard the other day a 5 gallon bucket of CBD oil is worth 25,000 dollars US.

    ReplyDelete