Saturday 9 February 2019

And Good Morning to You Too


    Our frigid temperatures continue; -33C (-27F) this morning.  
    I was surprised when I went outside this morning to feed the birds.  When I stepped off of the carport there was a mule deer waiting for me, standing beside the peanut butter bird feeder.  Normally I don’t see deer until later in the day, but I guess they are hungry and know that my bird feeders and compost pile are a regular source of food.
    Its a real dilemma.  I don’t want to feed the deer because it makes pests of them, but at the same time I know conditions are harsh for them this time of year and they are just doing what they can to stay alive.  So I continue to daily feed the birds and compost pile and let them do what they will.

Visit davidmarchant.ca to view my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment