Friday 12 October 2018

Watching the Mountain Tops


    One of the reasons we moved to the Robson Valley forty years ago was to be able to look up at the mountains that surround us.  I have been doing that faithfully for all those years, but in the Autumn especially we look up at them to see how much snow is accumulating up there.  These days, every time we get rain on the valley bottom, snow is falling up on the ridges and peaks of the mountains.  
    During the cooler Fall temperatures, we note how far down the slopes the snow has come and how lucky we were it didn’t come any lower, but we know it is just a matter of time, before we get it. 
    I have been scrambling around trying do get ready for those days when the white stuff starts piling up on us.  I have the garden put to bed, the firewood all stacked and covered, and the snow tires on the vehicles.  The potatoes are all dug, but they are drying off in the shop, before I put them into our “root cellar” in the crawl space under our house.
    I am pretty much prepared for snow, so when it comes it won’t be too much of a problem. 


View my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment