Sunday 30 September 2018

"Looming," My Latest Painting


    In most of my past paintings, they are what they appear to be, nothing deeper, however I have been becoming increasingly distressed at what is happening in this world we all share--we are loosing it, piece by piece.  The ecosystems that keep us alive are slowly being destroyed.  One of the most effective comparisons I have heard about what is happening is that our earth’s environment is like a plane flying through the air.  You can start pulling rivets out of the fuselage as you fly and still remain airborne, however, eventually you will pull out a rivet and the plane will crash.
    That is what I was trying to get at in this latest painting.  
    This painting is 24” by 18” and was done with acrylics on canvas.  It took me 92 hours to complete.

You can see my other paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are so fraught with doom, it has helped me to focus more on those around me and life around me. To be the best ME I can be. To be a happy influence on those around me.
    You can't control anyone but you.

    ReplyDelete