Sunday 23 September 2018

Apple Pie Day


    Yesterday, Joan and I joined with about 50 other residents of the Robson Valley to make 400 apple/blueberry pies.  The pies are sold to raise money for the museum.  It is a yearly event and like in previous years I was sitting in front of a small contraption that both peeled, cored, and sliced the apples.  While the machine worked well for most of the apples, it totally failed on others, which had to be peeled and sliced by hand.  These failures were extremely frustrating to me.
    As always the apple pie production was well organized and efficient, and even though the work was not hard, Joan and I were both exhausted when it was all over and all of the finished pies were sitting on racks, ready to be picked up by their new owners.

View my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment