Friday 24 March 2017

A Box Inside A Box Inside A Box


    I’m glad we are able to recycle cardboard, because we sure end up with a lot of it.  When we order things online, of course we are happy that they are well protected and arrive intact, but still, it does sometimes seem like it is a little over done.
    Last week I ordered an Instant Pot.  It is an automated cooker, a combination  steamer, pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, and yogurt maker thing that is supposed to save energy and cook quickly.  When I picked it up at the post office I was surprised at how big the box was.  When I got it home and started unpacking, I understood why.  
    When I opened the first box, inside was a second box.  I opened that second box and found yet another box.  It all seemed a bit excessive, but then again, one never knows how carefully packages are being moved during freight.  
    I am anxious to try out my new kitchen gadget, there are hundreds of interesting videos online showing all the different things it can do, but today I am going to be busy repainting the rooms we had re-drywalled, so I will have to put off trying it until this weekend.

You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment