Friday 4 March 2016

Icefield Parkway


     On February 29th We started out on a road trip.  One of the perks of living where we do in British Columbia is that when we do go somewhere we often have to begin our trip by driving through Jasper and Banff National Parks.  They are Canada's most iconic and beautiful parks, and the highway that drives through and connects them is called the Icefields Parkway.
     Since we have been through them so many times before and wanted to make time driving, I wasn't planning to stop and take photos, but the scenery is always so overwhelming, I really couldn't help myself. 
      Above is a photo I took at the Athabaska Glacier.  Back In 1973, when I first saw it, it would have occupied the whole bottom half of this scene.  Now it is only on the far right of the photo. It has really melted back as the climate heats up

No comments:

Post a Comment